Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Don't Count your Chocobos, Ammy, Closed
Aya
 Posted: Oct 1 2014, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Neutral Good
Member No.: 26

Documenting the city had taken a number of days, even with Aya choosing not to explore more than one or two public buildings. It had been simple enough to plan a route that covered each street she'd seen from above, but it had still taken some time to walk each street. As she walked, Aya made certain to scan for life forms. Still, aside from the dark beings, she sensed almost exclusively humans, or at least humanoid beings. Yet even their ranks were small as of yet; she had only managed to personally encounter a small number of entities.

With the city mapped, it stood that the next task was to explore the surrounding areas. But they seemed largely uninhabited, so Aya had first attempted to leave the planet and see what other planets might be nearby. However, before she was able to leave the atmosphere, Aya had encountered some sort of force, stopping her in place. The invisible wall had not yielded, even to her fiercest energy blasts. Aya had to accept, then, that she was trapped on this planetoid for the moment.

So she had returned to her exploration task, and turned her attention to the grassy expanse just outside of the city. The plain stretched well into the distance, the evenness broken only by the large yellow avian species that roamed about the landscape. Aya approached one, and it squawked and chirred at her. Non-sentient, then.

But then Aya saw a flash of white and red against the green; intrigued, Aya turned the boosters in her feet and hands on low, gliding in a low, upright hover towards the creature. Some sort of lupine? Perhaps this one was sentient?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Amaterasu
 Posted: Oct 5 2014, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

Group: Chaotic Good
Member No.: 16

There was a lot that could be said about sunlight, and the grass under one's paws - or feet, to be fair - and the wind ruffling through her fur. Amaterasu couldn't help but enjoy that, and remember, unbidden, what it had felt like to be stone, frozen and bound in a lifeless grip. At least she had escaped that this time around - but her world had still perished without even asking her leave, or giving her a warning.

The nerve of it!

This one wasn't all that bad though, even if she'd only trotted a few times through the city, prowling about and catching the scents of all the shadowy citizens hanging around. She hadn't encountered all too many other people though, and that meant her main company had been birds, which were fun enough to tease for a day or two. She'd long since tired of that though, and with so much running space and food available to them, she hadn't needed to feed them anything either.

What else was there to do? Explore, certainly - maybe the world had treasure here? Or wander back into the city and see if anyone needed anything --

An ear twitched. What was that? She uncurled from where she had been basking in the sun and looked up, panting curiously. Someone was flying towards her, in a controlled, graceful glide. She didn't seem threatening, so Amaterasu reared back, pawing at the air curiously. Who was she? And what - her scent wasn't flesh and blood but a metallic tang that reminded her of the machinery that had beset Nippon.

Though that alone didn't mean she was evil.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Well, the being had noticed her at least, and reacted with curiosity. That did not necessarily mean that the creature was sentient, but it was a start. Aya eased off her boosters until she landed gently in the grass, crossing the last meter or two on foot. For large distances, gliding was better, as the grass might hide possible irregularities in the terrain. But walking was fine for such a short distance.

"Hello," Aya decided to try. Up close, it was clear she'd been correct; a canine, apparently one called "wolf" on Earth. The Earth creature was not sentient- but then, she did not think Earth wolves had markings like that, or protrusions on the ankles like that. Perhaps this was a similar species from elsewhere.

"Are you sentient, perhaps?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Amaterasu
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

What kind of question was that? Amaterasu snorted up at her, ears twitching back and then forward. It was just a fancier way of asking if she could talk, surely. It was nice to meet someone who actually had the foresight to ask, but still. "Of course I am," she shot back, padding forward to sniff at her brusquely, but her tail wagged nonetheless. She, as always, couldn't be sure if her voice would be heard - but it was worth a try. "I'm not like those birds around here."

Not that she disliked them. She was growing fond of them, actually, these blundering, feathered children not quite hers - but they needed someone looking out for them all the same. She could just adopt this entire world and all its life, if she really felt like it.

Of course, they might not have been so kindly disposed to the idea, given how fond she also was of teasing them. Birds had such frail senses of humour.

"What are you?" she continued, accompanying the inquiry with a questioning whine, just in case. "And who?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Aya's eyebrows went up. So she really could understand! A sentient creature here aside from humans. A small smile of relief crossed her face.

"My apologies. I did not mean to offend," she explained. Aya held still while the wolf acquainted herself. "You are the first non-human sentient life-form I've encountered yet in this world. I was beginning to despair of meeting other life-forms."

Would it be more respectful to lower herself closer to the wolf's eye level? Or would that be offensive? Aya was not certain, so she elected to lean down rather than kneeling.

"My name is Aya. I am a sentient navigational artificial intelligence currently occupying a composite form. What is your name and species? I do not have any sentient wolf-like species in my database."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Amaterasu
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Amaterasu thought she could take it all in stride, new world and all, but when the other responded to her so normally, she faltered, tail missing a beat.

Finally, someone who could hear her. Was she some kind of Celestial Envoy, clad in metal but able to hear the words of the gods? That would be a nice surprise in a world where no one listened to her at all. Perhaps one day they would all have enough faith in her to hear her when she spoke, but that was probably many years away, still.

Done with her inspection, she sat back down, tail thumping against the ground in a happy (and ever so slightly relieved) rhythm. It took her a moment to parse Aya's words - she would have bet a good bone on Waka understanding all of it in an instant - but she grasped the gist of it easily enough. "I'm not a wolf-like species. I am a god," she declared, not bothering to pose to make it a little more impressive. "My name is Amaterasu."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: Oct 10 2014, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

A god? In other words, a supernatural being of supreme power, possibly only in one sphere of influence, but possibly more. The concept of godhood had different connotations in different languages and civilizations, and Aya could not be certain what exactly this particular being meant by that. Even the Guardians of Oa, her creators, could be considered "gods" within certain definitions of the word.

"Interesting." She had never before encountered anyone self-identifying as a god; or at least, no one rational. This Amaterasu seemed entirely sincere.

"What precisely does you godhood entail?" And then Aya considered the Voice, the one that had called her out of oblivion. Amaterasu did not sound at all the same, but it could not be ruled out that they may be affiliated.

"Are you perhaps the 'god' of this world?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Amaterasu
 Posted: Oct 17 2014, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Just interesting? What kind of reaction was that? She huffed, though without too much vehemence. A being of metal seemed likely to be a little chillier than someone of flesh and blood, and for all that her opinion seemed subdued, it wasn't apathetic.

Bragging in front of someone who didn't care in the least would just be embarrassing.

And she asked smart questions at least - that got another appreciative wave of her tail.

"I am a god of the sun. Not this world, or its sun - but my world is gone now, so I might as well be. It will just have to get used to it." She pressed a paw down firmly, adding a few more flowers to the greenery of the plains for a short while.

Claiming a new territory cost her nothing at all. Building up the belief to keep it -- well, she'd work on that.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: Oct 20 2014, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Of the sun? Even more interesting. She wondered which sun in particular; there were many suns, supporting many planetary systems. Aya herself had once, in her time of madness, consumed hundreds of them, though thankfully none with life relying upon them. Her eyebrows twitched briefly at the memory. But she could not undo that now; better to move forward.

"And what do you do, as a God of a sun? What are your duties in that capacity?" She was curious what godhood meant in application. Was Amaterasu a protector, like Aya? Responsible for the well-being of planets under her dominion? The growth of new greenery beneath Amaterasu's paws seemed to imply that at least she was likely to create life rather than to destroy, and that meant she was aligned with Aya's mission.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Amaterasu
 Posted: Dec 8 2014, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Duties?

What a serious question. Amaterasu tilted her head, the greenery surrounding her fading back out as she considered how to answer, other than with the clear truth. "To give light, and life," she said at last. That part was easy enough. "To protect and care for what is mine. My world, my children."

That even sounded regal and suiting of a god. She wagged her tail appreciatively at her own eloquence. How good to know for once, her words weren't wasted on someone!

And then, because even bragging couldn't limit her curiosity for long, she added, "And what do you do, navigator?" Thinking about it, Aya wouldn't have seemed so out of place on the Ark of Yamato.

But that was hardly a pleasant thought to entertain. The Ark was a tragedy, over and done with and long behind her.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: Dec 23 2014, 12:21 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Aya nodded slowly. A benevolent god then; one whose principles lined up with Aya’s own. Amaterasu was someone to keep good track of. Certainly their missions here aligned.

“Much the same as you,” she replied. “I am a Green Lantern, tasked with the preservation of sentient life. Originally, I was designed as the navigational intelligence on the interplanetary vessel The Interceptor under the command of Green Lantern Hal Jordan. However, I constructed this body for myself in order to better interact with and assist life forms who need help.”

Though Aya did not require rest, it did seem rude to communicate from so high above Amaterasu. She squatted instead, balancing on her toepieces and resting her hands on her bent knees.

“When I arrived in this world, I heard a voice tasking me with the good of this world. Did you hear the same? And if so, do you believe that voice may belong to another god, like yourself?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Amaterasu
 Posted: Dec 28 2014, 12:16 AM
Quote Post

A Green Lantern? That made her think of festivals, light shining through thin, tinted paper - a pleasant, nostalgic thought. Nostalgia hurt a little, with everything having been ripped away so quickly, but it was not in her nature to look back on the past. To dream of it, maybe, but there was so much to look forward to!

And, as Issun had always said, leap before you think. Especially when those thoughts led her back to the past, again and again.

What mattered here was that Aya seemed trustworthy enough - and she appreciated being listened to, as well as the little things like crouching down to be on her level. She certainly didn't need to do that, but Amaterasu appreciated the effort. Even navigational intelligences seemed to have good manners, it seemed! Likely better than hers.

She huffed approvingly, only to then tilt her head at the question, ears laying back as she remembered her own arrival. "I did. And it probably is... though one stricter than I am." And after a beat, she admitted, grumbling quietly, "Likely stronger, too."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: Jan 26 2015, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Amaterasu did not seem very happy about the voice potentially being a god, as well. Perhaps Amaterasu was a god who did not like competition. Aya knew that some belief systems revolved around worshiping a single creator god; if those gods did exist, surely they were of the jealous sort. However, the comment about strictness implied the opposite.

"What is it that you dislike about this other potential god?" Aya did not doubt that Amaterasu's feelings were correct. She simply had no experience with gods, and any available data from a knowledgeable source was very valuable to have. Sorting out the truth of a situation required many perspectives to make an accurate picture of events.

"Do you believe this voice has ill intentions? Or is it something else?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Amaterasu
 Posted: Feb 14 2015, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

She shook her head sharply, sneezing to emphasize that. "No. Maybe. It is too soon to tell." Certainly, if it had also destroyed her world, she could hardly call it good - but the action seemed to lack any kind of personal malice, and if it had been anything close to Yami, it would have hardly insisted on making a new world and planting her here.

Still, it was rude.

"I did not ask for my world to be taken from me. It is strong and it throws that strength around, too, pulling us all here. It doesn't even help, either!" Perhaps that was too quick a judgement, but the idea of a god having so much power and then just... sitting somewhere and watching all this play out, distant apart from a dream and a voice and a changing world - what was even the point of that?

The way Amaterasu handled godhood was much better, clearly. At least she involved herself, took responsibility!

Well, perhaps not so much the last part.

"I do not think it is evil," she said at last. "But it might still be dangerous." Which sounded a little more dignified of a reason than just disagreeing with how it ran things.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll