Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Location Suggestions
Ren
 Posted: Jan 1 2015, 01:59 PM
Quote Post

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

SO.

Wanting to start up a new Event Thread can be really tricky. While it's simple conceptually and just as easy as saying 'hey, I want to open up a new location, let's notify a staff member and do it,' it can be hard to get the gumption or ideas to see it through. And, for the last few months, Event Threads were our only way of measuring member interest in certain locations.

BUT NOT ANYMORE.

This is a thread that you can respond to at any time to say "hey, i think it would be really cool if this location opened up!" without going through the whole process. Not everything people suggest is going to be added to the boards, but this is just going to be a running list of what people think of and have interest in. It'd be cool if we got lots and lots of suggestions, so we have lots of things to choose from when we feel like the board needs spicing up a bit.

SO, here's how you respond to this thread: there's no form to fill out or anything, it's just as easy as posting up a "hey, dude, you know, it'd be cool to see the Evil Forest around here." Explanations for why you want a place would be great, but definitely not required!! You can respond to this on a whim. Posts in this thread will NOT be deleted.

There are two things you can suggest: locations and location artifacts.

A location is an entire... location. Like, if someone wanted a specific city, the whole thing would appear, if it was added. Any extra details - whether or not the people who lived in this location would be coming along, for instance, or if there are monsters - might warrant an explanation on behalf of the poster. Examples of locations: The Gold Saucer (FFVII), Gotham City (Batman), The Evil Forest (FFIX), Hydrangea Isle (WATGBS)

A location artifact is a piece of a location specific to a certain world/universe that is not necessarily a place but a thing. Location artifacts would be added to preexisting boards instead of getting their own. They can be monsters, or a certain kind of NPC, or a concept from another world that does not exist here yet. (Pesterchum and Gil already kind of count as location artifacts!) Examples of location artifacts: The Heartless (Kingdom Hearts), pyreflies (FFX), truffula trees (The Lorax), materia (FFVII)

Respond to this thread if you've got an idea of a location/location artifact you think would be cool to have here! And you can also respond to this thread if you don't have an idea, but want to voice support for something already on the list - that will really help us gauge member interest. This thread will be ongoing for as long as the site is active.
LOCATIONS
Derse (Homestuck)
The Core (Submachine)

LOCATION ARTIFACTS
n/a

--------------------
user posted image
aerith, psyche, vriska, rocma, envy
(claims: chane laforet)
PM
^
Ax
 Posted: Jan 1 2015, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Group: OOC Account
Member No.: 29

I'D DEFINITELY like to bring up Derse now that Prospit is here, I'm not sure how it really shakes out in terms of a dreamer scenario but they both seem like places that could give the world a distinctive shape.

PYREFLIES PLEASE.

And I'd also suggest the End of the World from KH because Bad End, like it's got a similar surreal nature to it as the Farplane, plus it's literally made up of destroyed worlds, and it seems like the kind of backdrop that'd work for a cerebral encounter or something heavy on the theory and distinct representations of what's gone and what's growing in their place.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Ren
 Posted: Jan 15 2015, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

The Unknown from Over the Garden Wall.

There are a lot of cool specific things from this place - Edelwood trees, the Beast, the general weirdness - that would make for really neat shit on Bad End. I know I'm staff and can add locations whenever I want BUT imma add this to the list anyway. I think it'd just. Be really neat, ahaha, imagine walking through Kingwood and getting lost as fuck in this dense forest somewhere between dreaming and waking.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Numbers
 Posted: Jan 16 2015, 04:56 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 12

Ooh I still would love to see The Farplane around here, because in my experience it makes for an interesting prompt. Additionally, if we're getting pyreflies (which I also support), then it would just make logistical sense.

I'm also desperate for the Gold Saucer. I just can't think of a place that's more open for... really fucking fun threads, plus with the desert prison underneath (which wouldn't... necessarily have to be included, but if it was) it could lead to a whole spectrum of interesting threads.

Finally, just for something really different, Zone 1 from OFF. With the meat rivers. And Pedalo duckboats. I don't know if we'd want to include the whole of Zone 1 (aka the smoke mines and the plastic administration), or if we'd be better off throwing in random elements from OFF somewhere (aka plastic oceans and meat rivers, or something similar), but regardless, Zone 1 is my suggestion for now.

--------------------
user posted image user posted imageuser posted image
Characters: Alois Trancy, Junko Enoshima, Pram.
PM
^
Ren
 Posted: Jan 22 2015, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

a bUUUNCH of the suggested locations have been added to the boards! NICE.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Bifrons
 Posted: Jan 23 2015, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 143

I'd like to suggest the Deep Roads from Dragon Age. The Deep Roads are a large network of tunnels that spanned almost the entire continent in the game, filled with the ruins of the once great Dwarven Empire. Imagine a massive underground highway, and you'd probably be able to get into it from several caves that go deep enough to all connect. Here's a more in-depth description.

I would suggest not having the Darkspawn, who make their home in the Deep Roads, come along with it. The Deep Roads are dangerous enough with giant spiders, deepstalkers and other such creatures without an endless horde of Darkpawn waiting around to invade the surface and cause the Blight to come to Bad End. Especially considering that, so far, there is no character in Bad End who knows how to stop the Blight yet.

With the Deep Roads I'd also put forward the location artifact of Lyrium. Lyrium is a blue mineral that miiiight actually also be a lifeform of some kind, used to enchant items and help with magic in the Dragon Age universe. It has a lot of uses! It can also cause a lot of psychological and physical harm to anyone who hasn't got a resitance to it, like Dwarves, should they make physical contact with the stuff. When processed it's 'safer' and can be handled by anyone, but it has addictive qualities if you injest it in certain forms (even though it can make you more powerful). Here, a link to the wiki.

--------------------
PM
^
Storm
 Posted: Feb 19 2015, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 15

oKAY SO I'd reaaally like to see the Core from the submachine games on here. mainly, the winter palace, the gardens and the sanctuary - it's a desolate, beautiful stone palace that's been abandoned for a long time, and doesn't follow the laws of physics - pathways and foundations float above empty space, leading to gardens overgrown with blue, fluorescent flowers and grass. parts of it are shattered or distorted and crumbling into nothing, and flickering karma portals can be found near the wreckage, leading around to other areas of the palace.

idk, possibly karma portals could become a location artifact to help people move around the site easily? but I know there were plans for something involving that anyways sO that's not really important I just want a ruined palace in the void with pretty blue plants

there's more info on the location here and here

--------------------
Current Roster
Amaterasu, Anise Tatlin, Hao Asakura

Claims
Father, Yuuko Ichihara
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll