Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» A Safe Haven, (Tatsumiya)
Marian Hawke
 Posted: Jan 22 2015, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Group: Neutral Good
Member No.: 144

21st of January

Hawke had been wandering for a while now, having spent the better part of the last week trying to get her bearings on this new world. She'd seen a fair few strange sights so far, so when she found herself approaching something resembling a castle she was somewhat relieved. It wasn't exactly like her brand of normal, but it was significantly more normal than most places she'd come across. It even somewhat reminded her of Skyhold, not that she'd really gotten to know that place.

She shivered, finally noticing the cold. The fur outlining of her armour did a little to protect her from the elements, but one of her arms was completely uncovered. But hey, she was a Mage. She had things for that. First Hawke looked around to make sure no one was watching, and when she felt comfortable she created a small fire in her hand to warm herself. It wasn't anything big, not a real spell that Hawke would use in battle, but it was enough to heat herself to a more comfortable temperature.

A few moments later a, now slightly more warmed up Hawke, extinguished the fire in her hands and began her approach to the castle. It looked empty, but there was no way of telling with entering it. Hopefully there'd be some shelter from the cold inside of it as well, she knew she needed to rest up a bit if she wanted to head back down to the warmer areas.

--------------------
Fight for your values and fight for your friends
Fight through this blight find the light at the end
Through the age of the Dragon the people will talk
Of the day they were saved by a hero named Hawke

Age of the Dragon
PM
^
Tatsumiya
 Posted: Jan 26 2015, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Lawful Good
Member No.: 66

There was someone coming.

Tatsumiya paused on the palace steps, her hands tucked away in her sleeves. She wondered for a brief, not-so-lucid moment, if that was Wadanohara, coming home after flying about for days on end - but the figure was larger, broader shoulders outlined on the horizon, and she'd known it wasn't but. Still. She'd hoped.

More and more refugees had been turning up, and the once-empty halls of the castle were slowly getting filled. It had been strange - just her and Idate and occasionally Wadda - especially being that most of the place was on dry land or above, though she frequented the rivers that ran underneath it. But the more refugees arrived, the more she could make this place a haven for the magical.

So she delicately continued down the steps, hastening her pace, and approached the great double doors that blocked off the courtyard - glancing at two little mages practicing spark spells on the little blue penguins that waddled around - and headed out into the tundra proper, pausing outside of the courtyard doors to fix on a light, cordial smile.

"Hello!" she called out, when the woman was close enough to hear her. "Are you cold? Have you been traveling far?"

--------------------
PM
^
Marian Hawke
 Posted: Jan 26 2015, 10:51 PM
Quote Post

Hawke paused as the doors opened, focusing on them with a battle-forged gaze that had seen countless skirmishes as he body tensed up. It was an automatic reaction now, to quickly evaluate anyone or anything that approached her whenever she felt she was in a place where there might be danger. Hawke often found herself in dangerous places.

When the figure spoke she relaxed her body and took a breath. There was no danger. It was fine.

"Greetings." Hawke said as she approached the other woman, keeping her arms at her side. "I've just been exploring really, trying to get to know this place." She turned her head back to where she came from. There was an awful lot more ground to cover compared to Kirkwall. "And, um..." She faced Tatsumiya again. "Yes, actually. I'm freezing."

The Champion took a moment to examine the woman she was talking to, and honestly she had to try very hard not to make any sort of face. She had become acutely aware that, despite how things looked from a distance, this woman was certainly not Human. Or Elf. Definitely not a Dwarf or a Qunari. She had tried to prepare herself for things she wouldn't have seen back home, but there really was no way you could do that when everything seemed to be haphazardly plucked from all manner of strange worlds.

"Oh, where are my manners? I am Hawwwww-." NO. "... Marian." She coughed. "Sorry."

--------------------

Age of the Dragon
PM
^
Tatsumiya
 Posted: Feb 1 2015, 01:53 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

A cordial smile with a little bit of warmth flickering through slipped across her face. She bowed her head as a symbol of respect. "It is nice to meet you... Marian."

Another human, likely. Judging from the way her expression changed upon getting a closer look... Not that it was reasonable to lament at finding another human on the shore, for goodness's sake. If she really wanted the company of other marine life, she should have stayed in her little cove off the coast of the island. Go back to being directionless.

No, no - it was far better to stay where the air was dry, yes, but where she could still encourage a community of like-minded individuals. Her expression softened yet more, though she kept her respectful distance. This woman had seen plenty, no doubt; she looked battle-scarred and war-weary. Tatsumiya was delicate-seeming in comparison, after all those years she had spent at one post, looking after the Princess.

"Why don't you come in for shelter and a warm drink?" She gestured to the doors behind her, which led to the courtyard. "I am Tatsumiya, the lady of this castle.

"Have you only just arrived to this world, then?"
    The way she said this place likened not to the castle or the mountains, but to something far larger and less easily understood.

--------------------
PM
^
Marian Hawke
 Posted: Feb 1 2015, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Hawke responded to the smile with one of her own, nodding her head back at the woman to show the respect was mutual. It was strange, though not unwelcome, that certain gestures seemed to mean the same thing across worlds. It made everything thankfully simpler, something that she was glad for considering how most everything else felt complicated.

As she herself was measured, Hawke examined Tatsumiya with her own experience. The way she carried herself and the way she spoke reminded the Champion of the demeanour expected of a noblewoman, though she did not regard this as a negative. She'd known a fair few nobles in her time, and though they had not always been the best of people there had always been a few who were of good character. To say nothing of the fact that, though she hardly thought of herself in that manner, Hawke herself was technically a noble.

When Tatsumiya gave her the extended a proposal of shelter Hawke glanced at the doors, considering things for a moment. "I... Accept your offer of hospitality." She finally answered after a noticeable pause, though she followed it up with a gesture to her weapon. "Would you like for me to hand over my spear?" Hawke asked as she began to approach. It was deceitful of her, to attempt to hide the fact she was a mage, but Hawke never considered lying in of itself an act of evil. It was a necessary precaution for her right now.

"I am approaching the end of my third week here." Hawke said in response to the second question. "I feel that as long as I'm staying here it would be good to know as much as I could." It was a similar attitude to the one that she'd developed back in Kirkwall, though in fairness she had spent seven years there.

--------------------

Age of the Dragon
PM
^
Tatsumiya
 Posted: Feb 6 2015, 08:52 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

"There is no need," she said primly, leading the way through the golden doors, her thin little red shoes clicking on the marble floor. "I am sure if you were to turn rogue, I or the other inhabitants of the castle would be able to handle it." She stepped back out onto the grass, emerging into the large courtyard, surrounded by the castle walls, the cold evening sky spanning above them - cloudless today, tipped pink with the oncoming sunset. "And it would no doubt be a little discomforting to turn over your weapon to a community of unknowns. No, by all means, keep it on you, Marian."

Tatsumiya tilted her head slightly to the side and gave her a cordial smile - one that flickered a bit at her answer. Three weeks... I suppose that still may not be long enough to adjust. "And... you have not found a place to stay, in all this time?"

While the castle doors were open for casual hospitality, she still had her rules - magic users only could seclude themselves within the walls. She bit back an invitation for Marian to live here; she had a reputation to uphold. "Well," she said instead, "you may stay as long as you need, to regain your strength and learn about this world."

In the background, to the side of the courtyard, two young refugees were sparring. They'd drawn a little group of the blue penguins around them, honking in tentative curiosity. One of the young ones held out a hand; it flickered, and a puff of fire appeared above their palm, to which the other one oohed and aahed. Tatsumiya paused to give them a brief once-over; they were still yet children, but she ought not hover. Let the young ones figure out the boundaries of their magic before she steps in.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll