Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» By the Beautiful Sea, Wadanohara
Yuna
 Posted: Oct 7 2014, 05:09 PM
Quote Post

Group: Lawful Good
Member No.: 49

Gone.

Gone. Gone. It was all gone. All of Spira, their entire world. Her family, and her friends. Everything Yuna had worked so hard to protect. After everything they'd gone through, to end the cycle of Sin's destruction. All the sacrifices they had made, all the pain the people of Spira had finally been relieved of. How had Yuna been so naive? To believe that they'd managed to break the cycle. To believe Spira was finally free.

...No. Not naive. Hopeful. And hope sprung eternal.

So then. All Yuna had managed was another Calm. But was that really so awful? If...if the world was bound to end no matter what, it was better that the people had had some time to feel free, wasn't it? Maybe...they hadn't kept Spira safe forever. But thanks to them, the people of Spira had had some happiness. Even if...even if it didn't last.

--Like Zanarkand--

But now Yuna was alone. She'd...never been alone before. Not really. When she lost her father, Kimahri was there to pick up where he'd left off. And there was Lulu, and Wakka... Even on her pilgrimage, Yuna'd had family by her side all along. But they weren't here now; maybe they would never be.

--Though Yuna would hope--

But Yuna wasn't the first to have to endure this. It was going to be hard. Yuna knew that. But...she would get by, wouldn't she? Just like...just like Tidus had, and Sir Jecht before him. They'd...come to Spira much the same way, hadn't they? It...wasn't so different. Yuna would...follow their example. And the voice had said she was needed. So at least...Yuna knew who she was, at least a little. She would get up and keep moving.

In...just a little while. The sand was warm under her legs and between her toes, and the water was cool as it lapped up over her bare feet. She'd put her boots back on and explore soon. In...a while.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Wadanohara
 Posted: Oct 7 2014, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 58

She made sure not to lose her ocarina.

She'd already lost so much, as she stood on the edge of the waves one night, watching the moon curve into the sky like a smile - no, a grin, as sharp as shark's teeth. She would shudder and turn away from it, as the stars seemed to turn glowing red; the moon was no good to look at unless it was full, whole and filled with life and light.

Wadanohara spent every day looking. Every day, every single day; she flew across the continent - also curved into that shark smile, she found, when she'd been so pressed to find some semblance of something that she rode wind across the entirety of the coast, and that bothered her, to think she was perched on a sliver of a moon instead of a full one, a whole one.

She even went underwater, but there was nothing - nothing there. Even the fish didn't talk, they just opened their tiny little mouths at her and glubbed in silence, sapped of sentience, and sometimes she would glub back in a sad tiny blub and the bubbles of her voice would filter out of the spell and spiral their way back to the surface.

She was all alone.

And that was where she was today, on the ocean floor, staring at nothing because there was nothing to look at; even the softly swaying coral seemed empty and barren, not like the forests of home.

Wadanohara walked out of the sea, and glanced off to where the sun was setting.

"Another night... what am I going to do...?" Tenderly, she reached into her pocket, stroking the ocarina within.

And then she heard a splash.

Still knee-deep in ocean water, Wadda turned around, her long braids flipping around in shock; someone was sitting there, on the ocean's edge. This someone had probably seen her just walk out of the water like it was nothing, droplets of salty sea rolling off of her as the spell she used to keep herself dry and with a supply of air wore off.

"A-ah - I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you - "

--------------------
PM
^
Yuna
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 04:04 PM
Quote Post

Was that-- a girl? Walking up out of the sea? The girl was backlit by the setting sun, so Yuna couldn't see many details but-- yes, that was absolutely a girl. Was the water breathable here, after all? Yuna hadn't seen any pyreflies, so she hadn't yet been brave enough to try it. But the girl seemed so wrapped up in her own thoughts that Yuna didn't want to interrupt; maybe this was the girl's place, and Yuna was imposing?

It was only when the girl apologized that Yuna stood up, hurriedly, and waved her hands to indicate the girl didn't need to do that.

"O-oh no, you didn't startle me! Please don't worry," Yuna assured her. She folded her hands together in front of her hips, pausing for an awkward moment while she decided what to say.

"Is this...your beach?" she finally ventured. "I didn't mean to impose."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Wadanohara
 Posted: Oct 14 2014, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

She was dressed kind of like Tatsumiya, which was soothing, a little - all pristine and pretty and calm, even in her hurried apology. Wadda felt herself liking this person immensely, without even really knowing her, because she seemed nice enough and she liked most people anyway, even without the air of familiarity hanging over her.

"Oh, um, no! No, it's not," she clarified, waving her hands in a fluster, trotting a little nervously through the shallows, looking up at the girl. Were her eyes two different colors? That was pretty. "Y-you don't have to worry about that, I didn't think this beach even belonged to anybody, I've just been kind of here, but now that you mention it..."

Uh oh. She wasn't trespassing, was she?

... Well, she'd cross that bridge when she came to it.

"I'm Wadanohara!" she said cheerfully, clumsily, by way of greeting, because it was nice to greet people and smile even if she was still hurting a little bit.

--------------------
PM
^
Yuna
 Posted: Oct 17 2014, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

Oh, phew. When Yuna thought about it, it was unlikely that the beach belonged to anyone, but who knew? This world was...so new to her, she couldn't be sure how things worked here.

"It's wonderful to meet you, Wadanohara," she said with a smile. She was quiet for a moment, looking the strangely-dressed girl over curiously, but something strange tickled at the back of her mind. There was something bothering her, something off about this meeting. What was it...?

Oh. Wadanohara didn't know who she was.

"Oh!! I'm sorry, I'm Yuna!" she said hurriedly, bowing quickly in greeting. She was so used to people knowing who she was on sight; even in the furthest reaches of Spira, everyone had known she was Braska's daughter and a Summoner on a pilgrimage. She hadn't had to actually introduce herself in years. Even once she straightened, Yuna ducked her head sheepishly. How had Sir Jecht and Tidus managed?

"I'm sorry. I'm...very new here. I'm...not used to introducing myself yet." She smiled, tipping her upper body to one side.

"Have...you been here long?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Wadanohara
 Posted: Oct 19 2014, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

"... Hmm?" She blinked a bit at the woman - Yuna, that was a pretty name - and wondered very briefly what she meant by "not used to introducing herself." Did she ever meet anybody new? Well - Wadanohara herself very rarely had to introduce herself, either, 'cause people knew her from her dad and stuff. The daughter of the Great Sorcerer and all that. But she met so many new people adventuring around above the surface, that was how she met people like Memoca and Ver after all!

"Oh, no." She was still smiling, her fingers folded in front of her, but her mind was wandering to the people absent in her life. "No, I haven't been here very long at all. A few days, maybe, ummm... I haven't really been... keeping track. Um, what about you, Yuna?"

--------------------
PM
^
Yuna
 Posted: Oct 20 2014, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Yuna started to fold her fingers in front of her as well - but then realized that she was practically copying Wadanohara, and immediately swung her hands around behind her, instead. Her chin dipped a bit at Wadanohara's response. No longer than Yuna, then...so she probably didn't know much about this world, either.

"No...I've really..only just arrived, myself." 'Arrived' was one way to put it anyway. She smiled softly, more to herself than Wadanohara.

"I'm sorry I can't...tell you much about this world. But I'm also...a little relieved. That it's not just me who doesn't know anything about this world." Was that selfish to say? She hoped not! It was...okay to be that honest...right? She looked up at Wadanohara, her smile turning a little shy in her uncertainty.

"...I guess...we could learn about it together! Oh! That is...if you're looking for friends." Was that too presumptuous?? Wadanohara would tell her if it was, right?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Wadanohara
 Posted: Oct 21 2014, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Wadda couldn't help it. She started smiling.

Someone who sincerely, utterly wanted to make friends. It'd be her second she made here, after Touko - n-not that she was keeping track or anything! It was just... really really nice to have people to hang out with and relax with, while she looked for anyone from home, like her familiars or denizens of Deepsea Town.

"I'd want to be friends!" she piped up, finally sloshing a little awkwardly through the water to approach Yuna, craning her neck back a little to look up at her and adjusting her floppy hat with one hand. "Mmhm, it's really nice to find people that are just as confused as you. Because then... then it's not so lonely, right?"

--------------------
PM
^
Yuna
 Posted: Dec 4 2014, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

Wadanohara's smile was so sincere, it was impossible not to return it with a wide one of Yuna's own. Yuna counted herself lucky to already meet someone so friendly! Of course, most people were good, Yuna believed, and so many were welcoming if you just approached them the right way. Still, it was lucky to meet someone who seemed to understand her so quickly! Yuna nodded enthusiastically.

"Yes...exactly! It makes it much less lonely, to be in good company.
And...it makes it easier to meet people, too. If you're starting on the same page." Yuna rocked back on her heels in the sand, resettling her weight.

"So, Wadanohara...maybe if you wouldn't mind, you could tell me a...little more about yourself? Or I could, if you don't feel comfortable with saying!" That seemed like the fastest way to get acquainted, after all!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Wadanohara
 Posted: Dec 22 2014, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

"Ah, sure!"

Yuna's voice was so soft and sweet, it sounded like a little bird song chirping in her ear. She was soft like Tatsumiya was, Wadanohara decided - soft but strong, like... um... like a cloud! Clouds looked puffy and fragile, but she knew from flying through them that they were thick and heavy and full of depth. And they could make storms, enough to rock the ocean, and if that wasn't strength, she didn't know what was.

She stood straight and proper, her hands down by her sides again. Okay. Time to be more of an adult. She took on that tone Tatsumiya always taught her, that Composed Adult Tone, which she fell into a little more genuinely than Tatsumiya did.

"I'm a sea witch," she said, "from the Sea Kingdom. That's - that was my home. Protector of the sea, that's me. Um, I'm fourteen years old, and I love music and birds."

There. That was a good introduction, right?

"What about you, Yuna?"

--------------------
PM
^
Yuna
 Posted: Jan 1 2015, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Fourteen? That seemed so young, but then Yuna was only a handful of years older, herself. And Wadanohara clearly wanted to seem grown up. Yuna couldn't help but smile. She'd been just the same at fourteen; trying to be so serious and adult. Of course, Yuna had had to grow up fast, and she'd had big shoes to fill. But maybe Wadanohara was the same.

"Protector of the sea? That seems like a very big job!" Yuna smiled encouragingly, leaning forward with her hands clasped in front of her hip. "You must be very skilled with magic."

But her? How to explain, without the context of Spira? Yuna felt a stab of grief and pushed it back, holding her smile on firmly. She leaned back again, weight on her heels in the sand.

"...Well. At home, in Spira, I was...a Summoner," she started. "That is, a protector too, of sorts. My father...was a Summoner before me. But recently, our world became peaceful, so I was able to go back to an ordinary kind of life. Oh! But we also lived on the sea." She pushed her smile a little wider, rocking her shoulders forward.

"It seems like we have...a lot in common!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Wadanohara
 Posted: Jan 18 2015, 12:24 AM
Quote Post

"Thank you," Wadanohara said respectfully, folding her hands in front of her and bowing a little bit. Her hat flopped over her eyes a bit, but she held herself straight and poise, like Tatsumiya always taught her. She didn't really have anything to compare her magic to - not with her father gone - so how powerful or skilled she was felt neither here nor there; even Chlomaki's reassurance that she was tough made no real difference to her. She just was what she was - a witch of the sea, with the duty to protect it.

"Eh? A Summoner?" Wadda piped up, tipping back upright and looking up at Yuna curiously. And... her father was one, too...? Um, does that mean-- "Ah, is it hereditary?" she asked, lifting a finger. "Because my father was the Great Sorcerer, and that's why I'm a witch."

They really did seem to have a lot in common, and a shy smile flickered across her face. "S-so, um, what did a Summoner... do? It sounds as though you, ah, conjured things and... stuff. What kind of things?"

--------------------
PM
^
Yuna
 Posted: Jan 28 2015, 08:57 PM
Quote Post

Awwww, Wadanohara was so sweet. Yuna had the urge to reach out and tip the hat back out of Wada's face, but she resisted, leaning back and covering her mouth as she giggled at the picture that made. So grown-up and serious! The mention of Summoning was a little sobering though, and Yuna dropped her hands back to clasp in front of her hip, turning from side to side briefly in thought. Her smile softened, became a little sad, Yuna's eyes falling to rest on the sand at their feet.

"Oh...no, it's not hereditary. Anyone...can be a Summoner, if they make the right pilgrimage. My father was a great man and so I...chose to be a Summoner, to follow in his footsteps." To sacrifice herself for the good of all Spira, and bring smiles back to their faces. Yuna felt another pang of loss, of pointlessness if this was the result, but she pushed it back. It hadn't been pointless for her father, even if his Calm hadn't lasted forever. Yuna's Calm was no less important.

"Well...it used to be, a Summoner was someone who could...summon the great spirits of the Fayth to aid her. But...more important I think...a Summoner is responsible for...guiding the souls of the dead. So that they can find rest." Yuna wondered if that would ever be necessary here? Hopefully it never would be, and Yuna would be perfectly happy to be absolutely no one, if it meant that the suffering she was meant to soothe never happened in the first place.

But Yuna realized she was talking all about herself, and deliberately looked back up at Wadanohara, ready to distract from that thought.

"And...what about you? What does a Great Sorcerer do?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Wadanohara
 Posted: Feb 9 2015, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Fayth and Summoners and pilgrimages... Wadanohara was struck with the magnitude of what she did not know. She'd always been a girl who sort of figured there was a lot she didn't know, a whole big world of things she didn't know, but it just felt a little more overwhelming away from home and things she did know. She supposed she could call her journey to the Great Witch a pilgrimage, maybe - but even though Yuna was being vague, it still didn't seem quite the same as whatever it was she was illustrating.

Guiding the souls of the dead, though. She thought of the Sea of Death, the Sea Kingdom painted red. She glanced off to the side. Mmhm... yeah... the souls of the dead did need guidance, or else they got like Old and Sal and all those other monstrous people she'd fought back when her sea was bleached macabre.

"That sounds like a... difficult job," she said, still keeping her voice friendly and courteous. And then - "Oh, ahh, he... he protected the sea, before I did, anyway." She thought of the Moonstones - of the Cast Pearl hanging above the Sea God Palace. Maybe that was kind of guiding the dead, a little bit. Tatsumiya had told her that the creation of the Cast Pearl was what drove the Sea of Death out the first time.

She smiled faintly - that smile she put on when she wanted to stay friendly and not be too serious, but there was still stuff bugging her. But. Well. It was better to try to keep smiling, even if Fukami would tell her to let herself be sad, maybe. "Um, he was focused on magic and stuff - no Summoning," yeah, it sounded right with a big important capital 'S', "but he still, um, watched over the sea. And then I did."

She wasn't really sure what to say after that, so she went quiet, kind of staring off at the distant rolling sea.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll