» Take Me to the Races, Sonic
Aya
 Posted: Jan 28 2015, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Neutral Good
Member No.: 26

January 28

New environments were coming into being in the World at a nearly alarming rate. Not that it was inherently alarming for creation to occur; rather, the sudden increase of the rate of new creation seemed to indicate a change within the parameters of the World's operation. And some areas had simply disappeared as though they had never been. Naturally, Aya had immediately set out to record the changes.

Aya had been relieved to see two of the new environments already populated with non-human entities. The number of humans still outpaced the number of non-humans, but the biodiversity was beginning to edge towards more reassuring numbers. Besides, humans were in themselves an unusually fecund species for their life spans and the extreme length of their offspring's parental reliance period. She had not stopped in, merely observing the new residents before moving on.

She did stop, however, just beyond the mesa with the small humanoid population. For all her travels, she had never seen a city quite like this one. At least, Aya assumed it was a small city. The lights were inconsistent, flashier than could possibly be useful for regular lighting. Aya barely looked out of place as she landed. Her carapace and green glow fit right in with the lights and loud sounds.

"Interesting," she mused to herself.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sonic the Hedgehog
 Posted: Jan 29 2015, 11:05 PM
Quote Post

Group: Chaotic Good
Member No.: 148

Extravagance! Lights, music, entertainment, perfect. Sonic loved places like this, where the cheer was bountiful and the lights blared all through the night. Really got the blood flowing, ya know? Sonic wasn't a particularly big fan of playing the games or partaking in the activities, really. But he did like to run through them, observe, watch and absorb the sounds and colors. Music to his eyes. It was such a tall place, too - from where he stood, he could barely see the top of the Saucer! Holding a hand over his eyes, Sonic leaned back and sighed with awe, staring at the grand attraction with eager eyes.

Naturally, he began to wander. Sonic was good with gliding along on his own two feet - it was typically more reliable than any other form of travel. Certainly faster, no doubt. He began with a stroll that eventually built up to a sprint, the blue trail he left behind lost in the dazzling light of the entire spectacle. It was so captivating... Woah! Sonic stopped abruptly, digging his heels into the ground and stopping just shy of hitting a green-glowing stranger!

"Whew! Sorry about that, got a little carried away, aheh." He rubbed the back of his neck, shrugging with his other hand. How could he be so clumsy? Ah, whatever. At least he caught himself, right? He wouldn't want to make a mess. "That's a nice color you got there! Do you work here or something?" Rubbing the top of his head with a finger, Sonic gained a puzzled expression and started to stretch one of his legs.

"Mind telling me where I am, exactly?"
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: Feb 2 2015, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Neutral Good
Member No.: 26

If Aya had had slower processors, she was sure she would have been rendered immobile by all the information assaulting her sensors. She was unsure how organics could tolerate so much input all at once, but the organics nearby seemed to be enjoying themselves. Was all of this stimulation intended for recreational purposes, then?

So much of Aya's RAM was devoted to processing the input that she nearly did not sense the being coming up behind her. She stepped to the side just as the being stopped short, and blinked. She had never encountered a being quite like this one before, but they were clearly sentient! Aya shook her head.

"I do not work here. I am afraid I know no more of this place than you." She leaned forward, hands on her knees, to be a bit closer to the being.

"My name is Aya. I am afraid I have never encountered someone of your species. Who are you?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll